1–2 April 2017, Bangalore
Status: Accepting submissions
About the conference
Kilter is a conference on improving your body via better nutrition, fitness and habits.
In this first ever edition, the conference will feature talks on data-driven approaches to health and fitness; diets and nutrition; science of food; and food hacking. We are inviting proposals for talks, workshops and demos from researchers and practitioners on these topics.
Kilter aims to appeal to the widest possible range of individuals who are passionate about and curious to learn how the body works.
We are looking for talks covering the following topics:
- Medical tests relating to nutrition & well-being
- Micro and macro nutrients
- Gut microbiome and the intricacies of digestion
- Body fat, body temperature and other in-depth aspects of the body
- What do you monitor when you monitor your health?
- Experiments with food and diet, and their impact on weight, disease control and overall well-being
- Habits and disciplines for improving your body
- Exercise and fitness, and its impact on physical and mental well-being
- Exercise testing and monitoring
- Cravings and couplings: what we can eat instead when we crave for a specific item, and what two food items do or don’t go together because they catalyze/inhibit nutrient absorption
Kilter is a two-track conference:
- Talks in the main auditorium;
- Demos, workshops, and Birds Of a Feather (BOF) sessions in the banquet hall.
We are inviting proposals for:
- Full-length 40 minute talks, which cover conceptual topics and include case studies.
- Crisp 15 minute demos and how-to talks for when you don’t need more time.
- Sponsored sessions, of 15 minutes and 40 minutes durations (limited slots available; subject to editorial scrutiny and approval).
- Hands-on workshop sessions of 30 to 60 minute duration where participants follow the instructors in practice. (Please indicate equipment and space requirements when submitting your workshop proposal.)
- Birds Of a Feather (BOF) sessions of 1 to 1.5 hours duration: focussed discussion topics with three to four facilitators who guide the conversation.
- Performance sessions of 15 to 45 minutes with one or more persons. (Please indicate equipment and space requirements when submitting your performance proposal.)
Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by an Editorial Panel. Please make sure to add links to videos / slide decks when submitting proposals. This will help us understand your speaking experience and delivery style. Blurbs or blog posts covering the relevance of a particular problem statement and how it is tackled will help the Editorial Panel better judge your proposals.
We expect you to submit an outline of your proposed talk – either in the form of a mind map or a text document or draft slides or a blog post within one week of submitting your proposal.
You can check back on this page for the status of your proposal. We will notify you if we either move your proposal to the next round or if we reject it. Selected speakers must participate in one or two rounds of rehearsals before the conference. This is mandatory and helps you to prepare well for the conference.
A speaker is NOT confirmed a slot unless we explicitly mention so in an email or over any other medium of communication.
There is only one speaker per session. Entry to the conference is free for selected speakers.
As our budget is limited, we prefer speakers from locations closer home, but will do our best to cover for anyone exceptional. HasGeek provides these limited grants where applicable:
- Two grants covering travel and accommodation for international speakers.
- Three grants covering travel and accommodation for domestic speakers.
Grants will be made available to speakers delivering full sessions (40 minutes or longer).
*Speaker travel grants will be given in the order of preference to students, women, persons of non-binary genders, and speakers from Asia and Africa.
Deadline for submitting proposals: 28 Feb, 2017 Conference dates: 1-2 April, 2017
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020.